Friday, October 29, 2010

These chance encounters


Hey, I had an adventure, man. I took the bus downtown and went to a Sufjan Stevens concert at this big old fancy theater.

That's great, farmboy. How was it?

Oh, it was a great show. Unfortunately, there's not much leg room there, so I was in physical pain for much of the concert. But the music and projections on the screen and the whole spectacle of Sufjan with a 10 piece band was pretty fuckin' wonderful. The seats were good and the opening act -- a guy named D.M. Sith -- was really good and really well received.

But you know what was really cool? I went by myself, but the people next to me were great and so I got to have friends for the concert. I love that. You know, the chance meeting of people. That's the great thing about going by yourself somewhere or travelling by yourself -- you get these chance encounters that are pretty fuckin' great.

Nice folks. Two college students named Tyler and Allie.

So it was a good night. And, with that, I'm going to bid you a good night.

Hey, farmboy...

Yeah?

I'm glad you went and I'm glad you had a good time.

Thanks, man. It's also payday and a friend gave me some weed. It's been a good day, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment