Friday, October 22, 2010

The kind of stuff we don't talk about


So it's Friday night and you're home at about 11 o'clock. Did you go to the coffeehouse?

No. My older brother and his wife drove up from Southern California so I went to my younger brother's house to see them.

Was it fun?

Yeah, it was good. It's funny, though, being with your siblings because -- for me, I ain't talking about anybody else -- I get this rebellious thing going on.

(The interviewer rolls his eyes) Really? I can't believe it!

Yeah, well, fuck you too.

Yeah, I don't know why that's there. It was a good night, but, you know, they talk about the past and the bad memories and I don't want to hear it. I mean, I don't get mad and stuff, I just try to counteract that kind of shit. It was all unusual, because usually that's the kind of stuff we don't talk about.

But overall it is great to see them. I'm fortunate because I feel I'm blessed to have this family I dearly love. Really.

How long are they staying, farmboy?

The weekend.

That's a long drive for just a weekend.

I know! It's a long fuckin' drive, man. But I'm not real fond of driving, myself. I get too fuckin' anxious.

We're going out to lunch tomorrow and I think they're gonna see me play that night.

Sounds like a good time, farmboy.

Yeah, it'll be good.



No comments:

Post a Comment