Thursday, October 21, 2010

One of the good guys


200 times! I still can't believe it. I mean, not to belabor it or anything, but shit man, 200 times! That's a lot of talkin', you know?

Yes it is. I remember you back then. You were really unsure at first and kept yourself at arm's length. It took a lot for you to trust me...

Well, I...

I know what you're thinking. There's a part of you that still doesn't trust me.

Um, yeah. I'm sorry. I really am.

Don't worry about it. I know it's hard for you to trust.

I like you, though. I mean, I really like you. You're one of the good guys, you know? And I thank you for listening. You've done everything right.

Wait a minute. I haven't done everything right. Far from it. I've made some mistakes in our interviews...

Our conversations...

I was trying to get you moving sometimes and my ideas would backfire or...I needed to get to know you better, farmboy. And I feel like I have. But I think there's a lot more that I don't know.

Fuck, man, there's a whole lot of stuff about me that I don't fuckin' know, you know?

You know what I think?

No. What, farmboy?

I think we're gonna be finding out together. Thanks, man.

You're a smart one, farmboy. I'm proud of you.

Really?

Yes.

(surprised) Wow...



No comments:

Post a Comment