Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lassoing tumbleweeds


Hey, farmboy, tell me about yourself.

You know, mister-interviewer-sir, that's all I ever fuckin' do. Talk about myself. Man, I just get
to jabbering when I talk to you sometimes. It's "poor farmboy, life ain't fair, work sucks, nobody listens to my music" all the fuckin' time.

Jeez. Touchy...

You tell me something.

About yourself?

No,, no! Leave me out of it. Tell me something about you.

I just would like to ask you sometimes about your past, family, school. About things that have nothing to do with music.

Everything has something to do with music. I'm not sure there's really any separation of the two. At least for me. I can't speak for anybody else.

But, yeah, sure, you can ask me about those things. But first, tell me something about yourself.

My first job involved lassoing tumbleweeds for the United States Navy.

Are you serious? Lassoing tumbleweeds? That's crazy!

We're you good at it?

I got good at it.

I bet. Can I use that in a song?

You betcha, farmboy.

Cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment