Thursday, July 21, 2011

All kinds of sad


So I'm gonna be housesitting for a few days...

Is a that good or bad thing, farmboy?

Oh, you know, it's okay. It's really different from being at home, 'cause there's a dog and a piano and A/C. Not that I even need A/C all that much. It's been an incredibly mild winter here in the Pacific Northwest. Everywhere else in this country there's been a massive heatwave. So I think I should probably count my blessings.

Which reminds me: How is your blessing duty going? The one your counselor is having you do?

Well, let's see. My three blessings for today...It's been a really hard day. It seems like every day has been fuckin' hard lately.

I hate to tell you this, farmboy, but your life has been hard lately. It seems to be that your whole summer has been hard.

Yeah, it fuckin' sucks. If I'm not worrying about money, I'm worried about my health. After that I worry about being alone. And somewhere in all this my fuckin' depression is eating me alive. Fuck, man, it just seems that lately I've just been all kinds of sad, you know.

But three blessings? Um...playing guitar. I don't know how I'd do it if I couldn't play guitar. I don't know how people live who don't play guitar. So that's one. Two? Freshly ground coffee. Coffee is this thing that I never get tired of. And three? Um...Gillian Welch and David Rawlings on Fresh Air. Now that's show was just fuckin' great.

(farmboy looks at the clock) Hey, man, I should probably get going. I need to stop at the store and then go sit with the dog for awhile.

You love dogs, right?

I trust dogs more than I do people,, to be honest. As long as it's a friendly dog.



No comments:

Post a Comment