Friday, July 22, 2011

Keepin' on keepin' on


Just saw my counselor.

What did he say? How did it go?

Went okay. What he's telling me is to notice when I get off-track. Like when I start panicking, you know, living in fear, when I go "What if...?"

Which are things you do a lot, farmboy.

No shit, Sherlock! (laughs) He says that I do all this stuff as away of protecting myself from fears that, many times, are really only in my imagination.

Or you're blowing them up larger than they already are.

Exactly. So when he says "center yourself," it's kinda like getting back to reality, you know? And I do do that all the fuckin' time, man.

I know. I've seen your frustration with it.

So that's what I'm gonna be doing. Keepin' on keepin' on, you know, just notice things.

Good work, farmboy.

Good work?

You're getting things done, youy're working on your issues, you're struggling to find your way out of the darkness. You're on the right path, farmboy.

Thanks, man. I'm fuckin' trying, I really am.



No comments:

Post a Comment