Saturday, July 30, 2011

Kickstarter video script


Hey, folks, my name is farmboy and I'm a songwriter who lives in Portland, Oregon. I play anywhere I can, from coffeehouses to hospitals, from concert venues to classrooms.

I've been writing songs for most of my life and I've made three commercially available CDs. My songs are usually, but not always, written from the point of view of characters who are trying to figure out how to deal with the conflicts in their lives. I like to think of them as short stories or character sketches set to music. A friend of mine told me once that John Steinbeck said "All fiction is autobiography." Well, that's the way I look at my songs. I'm using fiction and music to help figure out the conflicts in my life, and I'm thinking that they may apply to your lives also. This is my life's work and this is how I fight the good fight.

It's been seven years since my last recording and I'm feeling the need to make another. To do this, I'd like to ask for your help in funding this project. On this Kickstarter page, you'll see some premiums you can get for helping to support my music, ranging from framed original poems and CDs to house concerts and songs written specifically for you or even with you, if you wish.

I hope that you'll consider helping me put my songs out in the world and I thank you for your interest and your time.



No comments:

Post a Comment