Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Halfway resembles some kind of success


friends I might have made
legendary times to be
all has passed me by

I tried calling you, farmboy. I thought maybe you were asleep.

Naw. I was at a songwriter critique/get together. You know, like half a dozen people. All good people and good songwriters. I've done the critique thing a lot in my life, and I don't know if I need it as much now as I did back then. I'm more self-reliant now, I listen to my instincts more. I trust my instincts, man. I don't want to second-guess myself.

So I go mostly for the social element. I had a good time, you know, and I'm glad I went. It's necessary to get out of this fuckin' apartment sometimes.

It's healthy.

Yeah, it is. I just wish I wasn't so fuckin' neurotic and oversensitive and shit. But it wasn't bad tonight. I mean, the fuckin' depression was still there, but it was a lot more subtle than it has been. And these days I'm thankful for anything that even halfway resembles some kind of success.

But it was good, you know. It's just that my...I need some fuckin' confidence, man, I need to have good self esteem. I'm not a failure.

I know. That's what I've been telling you all along, farmboy.

That's true, you have. Now my job is to find a way to believe it.

You will.

I fuckin' better, man.




No comments:

Post a Comment