Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Emotional constipation


So this morning I didn't smoke weed and I walked and played guitar.

Feel better than yesterday, farmboy?

Yeah. I mean, I don't feel amazing or anything, you know, but I feel a whole fuckin' lot better than yesterday. Yesterday was a bad day, man. I just got fuckin' tense, you know, like everything just kept going wrong. And I kept overreacting.

Anyway, I'm thinking I need to do this thing but I think it might be good if I turn my focus on other things for a little while.

Such as...

Well, hopefully songwriting. That would be nice.

Yes, I could see that.

I would love to write a good song, a keeper. I'm actually kinda dependent on writing songs. If I go for too long without writing something I feel really awful. It's like emotional constipation or something.

Well, that's certainly a novel way of putting it.

Have I said that before? That's actually my own original theory, thank you very fuckin' much, man.

I guess what I'm really saying here is that writing songs is the way that I seem to process things...

Which you've said before.

I have? Good. 'Cause, really, that's important. Important to my egotistical self-centered view of myself.

It is important, though. It's the lens in which you see through.

"In which you see through." Is that grammatically correct?

(laughs) Sometimes you get obsessed with words, farmboy.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Oh no, not at all. That's probably one of the factors in you becoming a lyricist.

Maybe. I mean, I'm obsessed with melody and rhythm, too. It's a great way to go through life, man. Seriously. I'm blessed, you know?



No comments:

Post a Comment