Saturday, July 16, 2011

Some kind of positive consequence


So I went to the counselor yesterday. This make two times.

And...?

I like him and I think that maybe he can help me. He does these really concrete things, like I have "homework" to do. I really don't want to just go in there and complain. I want to come out with some strategies.

Have you told him this, farmboy?

Kind of. I remember saying something about strategies. I think I was responding to something he said. Yeah, I remember saying something about how I wanted strategies.

Some of them can sound kind of corny, like having a list of three blessings a day, you know, three things I feel blessed by having. Like, say...your friendship. Chicken for dinner. Getting to watch the final episode of Breaking Bad, third season. Fuckin' cliffhanger, man.

He's also having me notice when I'm living in the past or the future...

For you, it's mostly future. Wait, maybe not. You do think about how you feel things should gave gone in the past.

Yeah. It's hard to say.

Anyway, then I try to...get back in place, I guess. He calls it centering yourself, which sounds a bit too new-agey for me. But then, as far as New Age goes, I'm pretty much ignorant. Maybe I'm being judgemental about something I know next to nothing about.

I think, culturally speaking, it's not quite your style, farmboy.

(laughs) I didn't even know I was allowed to have a style.

So, anyway, this counseling stuff is turning out to be a pretty positive thing, so far, you know? Man, I'm so fuckin' glad to see that some action I've taken actually has some kind of positive consequence, you know?

This sounds pretty positive, farmboy. I'm proud of you.

Oh yeah? For what?

For taking action.

Thanks, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment