Wednesday, July 13, 2011

To prove myself to myself


Oh, man, I'm supposed to go to this songwriters' circle tonight at a friend's house. I even RSVPed and made a commitment. And now I don't fuckin' wanna go. What do I do?

Go.

Go? But I don't want to.

Yeah? Well, you haven't been out all day. Where is this place. farmboy?

Like, a mile and a half, maybe.

Go. You've been isolating yourself way too much. It will do you good.

And how's that, Mr. Interview sir?

You will have proved to yourself that you're open for at least a little adventure. You'll see people, you'll play music, you'll get out of the house, you will have made good on your commitment. When you get home you can smoke some of your special stuff and you'll feel good about yourself.

Okay, okay, I'll fuckin' go. Jeez.

I knew you'd have it in you, farmboy.

Yeah, yeah. The things I do, the lengths I go through to prove myself to myself.

Come on, farmboy. It's music. It'll be fun.

If you say so.

It's not about me, it's about you. Now go get ready, my friend.

Okay. But if it's traumatic, I'm blaming you, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment