Monday, September 26, 2011

Instead of farmboy totebags


How are you doing, farmboy?

I'm okay. I'm getting concerned about the job situation...

Which you haven't been talking about...

I know. And I still don't really want to talk about it. Not because I'm scared of it or something, but because I'm bored of it. I wasted so much fuckin' time this summer, man, by worrying and stressing over this fuckin' job that I try not to now. Because of the resentment.

Now, also, I have the Kickstarter project. And then that turns into an album that must be made. Not to mention the work I'm going to have to put in and making the rewards a reality.

Rewards?

You know, like pledge drives on public radio. But instead of farmboy totebags you get an original matted poem by your truly, among other things.

How many backers do you have, farmboy?

It's, like, 35.

Thirty-five poems!

It'll be fun. Seriously. I don't know much about poetry which gives mean incredible amount of freedom.

And you have been writing lyrics for years and years.

Yeah, even though that's a whole different thing, you know? But it is working with words, you know, and structure and rhythm and that kind of stuff.

Where are you at money-wise, farmboy?

Fuck, man, almost at $2500. And the goal is $3000.

So you're almost there.

With, like, 16 more days to go...

Over two weeks...

It's amazing, man. I can't believe it. I'm going to make an album. This is where I'm at my best; well, that and songwriting...

Which is a huge part of making an album, I would think.

It is. It's really the main part of my albums, anyway.

So that's taking the priority over worrying about this fuckin' job stuff.man. It's the one thing, this album thing, it's the thing that will take my attention away from worrying about something. I mean, I'm still worrying, but it's at a minimum right now, and that's because...

...because that's what you were born to do.

Right. I'm doing my real job.



No comments:

Post a Comment