Sunday, September 4, 2011

Misfortune


Hey, farmboy.

Hey, man.

I'd like to talk with you.

I'm in fuckin' trouble, ain't I? Fuck, man, I...

You're not in trouble. Why would you be in trouble?

I don't know. Seems like I'm always guilty of something.

Our relationship's never been like that. You don't have to answer to me.

So, then, why do you want to talk to me?

I'm just worried about you, that's all. I know that these past few months have been pretty bad and so I wanted to ask: How are you doing with all this stuff?

I'm completely depressed, man. I'm angry and scared and anxious. I feel like my life is something that gets done to me, instead of the other way around. And it's gotten to the point where I expect failure, you know, like "Why should I try?" I expect to lose. I can't imagine getting a good gig. I expect rejection. Which make it extremely hard to keep trying anything.

Glad you asked?

Damn, farmboy, I wish I could make it better.

You help, man. You're helping right now.

I'm just worried that you're believing these lies that you feel life is telling you right now. And I just want you to know that they're lies, and that life isn't telling them to you. All this -- I don't know what to call it -- misfortune, it's putting ideas in your head and they're lies. There is nothing true about them. You're a talented songwriter and musician, you're a good person. You don't believe it, but it's true.

Wow. That's a lot to think about.

I know, farmboy. But I think it's important.

I agree. Deep inside, I know you're right. Or at least I hope you're right.

I'm really glad to hear you say this stuff, man. I need to hear it. Thanks. You're a good friend, man.

So are you, farmboy. You're a good friend.

Awwww....

Okay, let's move on to something else.



No comments:

Post a Comment