Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's simple


Hey, farmboy, you're still awake?

My mind is spinning, man, with thoughts about the new album.

The Kickstarter campaign is going well, isn't it?

It is. What I've been thinking about is the sound of the new album. I'm aware that this could be an opportunity for joy, man. This doesn't happen too often, you know? This, man, is the work I'm fuckin' best at because it's the right work. You know, what I was born to do, blah blah blah.

This is the creative part. This is the fun part. This is what it's fuckin' all about, man.

So this is a good thing?

This is a great thing. This is me fantasizing, using my musical and lyrical imagination. You know, like, "Should I use the pedal steel as the connecting, um, motif between the sounds.

Do I sound pretentious or not?

Well, uh...

You don't have to answer. But that seems to be my process. So I end up walking around all the time, obsessing about these songs. I fuckin' love it.

So I'm appreciating it. I'm in the moment with it.

Define "it," farmboy.

It's simple. "It" is the making of an album. Welcome to my world, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment