Saturday, September 24, 2011

A little inspiration here


Man, I went to see this movie The Tree of Life, you know? It was fuckin' great. It may be the most visually beautiful film I've ever seen. It's kinda like one of those European films I used to see in classes like Film Aesthetics 1A in college.

I also went to see Drive this past week, which was a very different movie but also extremely visually arresting. It was very noir-ish. Which I like. Which is a good thing.

Two movies in one week, farmboy. I'm glad to see it.

Well, in the summer there's not a whole lot of movies that I'm interested in. I guess I'm interested in character, maybe. Or something like that. I mean, action's okay but it's not something I need to see a lot of.

I've also been listening a lot to the new Wilco album.

Is it out yet?

It gets released Tuesday, but NPR is streaming it. I really, really like it. I've listened to it several times. I've probably listened to it more than I might have if I actually had the physical property. Then again, maybe not.

So I guess what I'm doing is, really, getting a little inspiration here with all this stuff I've been exposed to lately. Which is good, 'cause I'm really working and thinking hard about this upcoming CD. I'm getting ideas and sorting through them and making decisions and I'm in my fuckin' element, man. This is what I do.

And you're doing it, farmboy.

Yeah, I sure am, huh?



No comments:

Post a Comment