Thursday, September 15, 2011

Man behind the curtain


So how are you doing with the Kickstarter project, farmboy?

It's going really well. I am over one-third there as far as my financial goal goes.

Wow! That's great!

Oh, man, it's fuckin' amazing! It's interesting, you know? So yesterday I spent all this time writing thank you emails to people who are contributing. It was so exciting! I almost couldn't handle it. (laughs) It felt so weird to feel good. I almost couldn't wait till it was over.

Did it make you nervous?

Yeah, man. It's like this movie that's an old favorite of mine called Tender Mercies. The character played by Robert Duvall says at one point "I don't trust happiness." That's me. I keep waiting for the man behind the curtain to take it away. And I don't even know who the man behind the curtain is.

God?

No, no. God is a positive, um, thing to me. What do you call God? "Thing" seems just wrong.

Is it you, farmboy?

I thought maybe so. And I'm sure it is, on some level. But that seems too simple, too.

Maybe the man behind the curtain doesn't really exist.

That's what I'm beginning to think. Or maybe it's just my invention.

But I gotta say, man, that there's nothing like the possibility of recording to me. It excites me. And I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch -- so to speak -- but I think that there's gonna be a new farmboy album.

About time.

You got that right.



No comments:

Post a Comment