Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I did something


Hey, I thought I'd give you a call.


How did it go, farmboy? Did you go to one of the places you're looking to perform at?


Fuck, man, I went to fuckin' four places. Then I went to the coffeehouse, where I found out that I got the grant to play for children who live at the center for medically fragile children. All of the students I work with live there!


Not to mention that you're perfect to play at that kind of place. And it's good work. You're providing a real service to those kids.


Thanks, man. I'd like to think so.


How do you feel, farmboy?


Okay. I always feel like I haven't done enough. And to be honest, I probably haven't done enough. But I did something. I got out there. So as lousy as I feel -- which is anxiety and guilt and stress -- it's good to know that I did something.


I wish you felt better when you do things, farmboy.


If I was coming home to smoke weed, I'm sure I'd be a lot happier. But, you know, I'll get to have some fun this weekend. And I will have earned it, in a way. And that's good.


But I feel all right, man. I feel fine.





No comments:

Post a Comment