Sunday, June 3, 2012

invisible


when you're born
they pass out cigars
and all the cameras 
are pointed at you
even if you're ugly
they say you're cute
oh, it's all one big
hullabaloo


but the older you get
the less people care
they hurry on past
like you're not even there
everyday you're a little bit
harder to see
someday you'll be
as invisible as me


when you're a child
they say you're special
a one-of-a-kind-of
chip off the old block
first step
first smile
first time
that you talk


but when you're my age
nobody will notice
you're an old black-and-white
a bit out of focus
fading fast
like a dim memory
someday you'll be
as invisible as me


Well, man, that's what I've got for now. It feels good to write. I don't know how to end it, though. I'm hoping I haven't painted myself in a fuckin' corner. Or something like that.


I'll be interested to see where it goes, farmboy.


Yeah, me too. 


I did have this little bit left over. I don't think it fits in this song lyric, but I kinda like it.


          there you are
          ten fingers
          ten toes
          wow
          you're the cat's meow
          I suppose


Interesting...


I don't know what song that'll go in, if it goes in any song. I like the "ten fingers, ten toes" part, but I'm not so sure about "the cat's meow."


That's why you have rewriting and editing.


Man, I tell you.






No comments:

Post a Comment