Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I got some stuff here


Okay, man, coffee's brewing and I'm all ready to discuss what I can do to make some money this summer. I'm thinking of actions rather than just ideas, but I want ideas, too.


Good. 


So let's discuss this stuff. See, man one of the things I want to do is avoid the problems of last summer, which led me to panic, which brought that fuckin' mental illness stuff out to play. And I can't have that this year. So let's talk about...


Not so fast, farmboy. What I would like you to do is take a few minutes to write me a list, and then let me hear it. Then we'll discuss what you've come up with.


Whatever you say. man.


(farmboy sits down at the kitchen table and writes for a while, then thinks, then writes again. Then thinks again, then writes again.)


Okay, man, I got some stuff here. Some ideas that can lead to actions.


Great, farmboy. Let me hear them.


(farmboy begins reading)
  • convalescent homes
  • performances for children
  • performances for people with special needs (day programs)
  • CD sales
  • sales of new CD (August)
  • California tour
  • family reunion
  • coffeehouses
  • open mikes
  • playing on the street
  • rent party? house concert?
Well, man, that's what I've got. Hopefully, there'll be more. What do you think?

I think it's a good start, farmboy. It's going to take a lot of work, especially finishing the CD and having it out by August. But it's not impossible. When you say actions, what do you mean? Give mean an example, please.

Okay. For convalescent homes, it would involve making a one-sheet bio/resume thingy that would inform activity directors about what I do. Which, in their cases, would be American folk music, you know, old songs, the "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" kind of songs.

Performances for children would hopefully mean a regular show once a week, maybe at the coffeehouse. You know, with kids' songs. I've done this more since moving to Oregon, so I'm no stranger to it.

I would also like to find some places to play -- coffeehouses, mainly -- where I can focus on what I normally do, plus some cover tunes.

You've been giving this some thought.

Well, man, I'm reaching desperation time. I love summer, but not when I'm fuckin' worried about money every step of the way.

Let's keep talking more about this, farmboy. I want you to have a good summer.

So do I, man. So do I.





No comments:

Post a Comment