Sunday, June 10, 2012

Ideas into action


Man, I tell you. Sometimes my tendency towards sadness just gets overwhelming. Plus, it's just so much fuckin' work! I start thinking about one thing, then my mind goes "Why are you thinking about this?" So I move onto another thought, which, of course, I shouldn't be thinking about, and then I repeat everything. Fuck.


So it's Sunday night, and nothing good ever gets done on a Sunday night. But, wait, man...This week is the last week of school!


So how do you feel about that, farmboy?


Are you a professional therapist?


No, I'm not. Why do you ask?


You sure sound like one. 


But thanks for asking. I am trying not to be in denial about the summer. I do not have a summer job and I have no money, so I got to get working musically. So, basically, I'm nervous and scared shitless but I want to do actions instead of panic. You know what I mean, man?


I think I do. You want to take the energy that you would use beating yourself up and worrying and apply it to actions that will help you to make money with music. Am I right, farmboy?


You're exactly right.


I want to enjoy the summer with some dignity. Especially self-dignity. I love summer, and, I gotta tell you, summer is fuckin' beautiful here in the Pacific Northwest. I gotta figure out ways to make money with music.


Which is what we were talking about the other day. Remember?


Yeah. Which was great, by the way. Thanks for listening, man. I don't say it enough, but I really appreciate you listening to me ramble on and whine.


But, yeah, remember. I just gotta put some of these ideas into action now. And I gotta start treating myself with some respect. And I gotta be brave.


You're learning a lot, aren't you, farmboy?


Fuck, man, that's all that ever happens in this old life of mine.





No comments:

Post a Comment