Friday, June 17, 2011

Best time of year


Hey, farmboy. What are you up to? I'm glad you called. Are you at home?

No, man. I'm babysitting my niece at my brother's place. She just went to sleep. We read a couple of books and then I played guitar until she fell asleep.

How's your first day of summer break?

I was generally okay until I left the house and then I became fuckin' toxic.

Toxic?

I just get all bitter over the job shit, you know. It's all kind of weird, you know. This should be, like, the best time of year. But it's not, for reasons I've talked about until I'm blue in the fuckin' face.

But, you know, well...I don't really know what to think, really.

Hey, my brother and his wife are home. Sorry to cut this short, man.

It's okay, farmboy. Talk to you soon?

Oh, yeah, man. This weekend, for sure.

You hang in there, my friend.

I'll do my best.

You always do.

Well, not always. But I sure try a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment