Monday, June 6, 2011

My old life-long friends


I'm depressed, man. Everything seems so fuckin' hopeless.

Are you joking, farmboy? Sometimes I can't tell if you're joking or if you're serious.

A little of both, you know? I mean, I am depressed but I don't want to get dramatic about it. If that's the word for it, I don't know. I think it's more like worry...

Anxious?

Yeah. Panic. Anxiety. My old life-long friends. They've come to talk with me again.

No drama, right?

(laughs) Okay, maybe just a little drama. You know, show business is my life. Like no business I know.

But, you know, anyways, I'm okay. I want you to know that. I'm just depressed right now because the night goes by so fuckin' quickly and then I go to bed and then I wake up and I have to go to my fuckin' job again, where it's like a fuckin' morgue, man. Everybody's miserable but you have to put on this show that all is all right in front of the students. Which, believe me, is a good thing, it's kind of an unspoken thing. Because we know we're all miserable, so let's not make it worse. But it's all taking its toll because we've had to do it for so long.

There. That's basically it.

I'm sorry, farmboy.

Oh, it just all sucks. But it's temporary, and I just gotta hang in there.

You're doing a good job.

Thanks. I am, aren't I?



No comments:

Post a Comment