Wednesday, June 29, 2011

When I talk to you


So today, man, today...

I finally found a little bit of...well, not closure, but...something. Which means I did stuff about the job situation. Whether it's good stuff, well...there's somewhat of a chance and I can't really say what kind of chance it is.

But you know what?

What, farmboy?

I'm sick of the whole fuckin' thing and I don't really want to talk about it any more, especially here. Because when I talk to you I want to talk about music and songs and my future, man. I want to tell you about when life is good and bounce things off you. I don't want to talk about the fuckin' day job. I want to talk about my real life.

You can talk to me about anything you want to, farmboy. I'm here to listen.

Thanks. But let me tell you, I just don't have many people who I'm comfortable talking to. I mean, I have friends, but I don't want to burden them. (laughs) So I'm burdening you.

Okay by me.

Well,I'm very thankful to have you.

So what I'm doing right now, now that that fuckin' job thing is done for today, is cooking this chili that I make with lots of vegetables and turkey and spices. You know, cumin and curry and sea salt and freshly ground pepper and lots of chili powder.

Sounds good. Sounds potent.

It's not, really. I didn't put any, like, cayenne pepper in it. Chili powder's pretty mild.

I've never heard of cumin in chili.

My mother's father was from northern India, and my mom would put curry in, like, chili and refried beans. I like a little bit in Mexican stuff.

Anyway, it felt like it was about time I made something halfway nutritious, you know.

I gotta go tend to this stuff. Hey, would you like some?

Ummmm...

C'mon, c'mon.

Okay, then. You talked me into it. Plus, it smells pretty wonderful.

Good, good. Let me get you a container so you can take some home. I should have made some cornbread.

This will be fine the way it is. Thanks, farmboy.

Man, it's the least I can do. Now, if you don't like it...just lie to me and tell me you do.



No comments:

Post a Comment