Sunday, June 26, 2011

Welcome to summer, farmboy


11:20 p.m. on a Sunday night. Welcome to summer, farmboy. Where've you been?

I went to my monthly songwriting group. It was good, man. I've been pretty depressed about the work situation and I've generally been really sad. It's so fuckin' easy for me to give in to the sadness, you know. I haven't talked about the mental illness stuff for a while, but that don't mean it don't exist. So it was good to get out to see music folks, you know, my friends.

Tomorrow...boy, man, let me tell you, I don't want to be filling myself up with shame and guilt and worry and all the stuff I'm so fuckin' good at. Tomorrow I make plans for the week and figure out what I'm gonna do.

You know, you can run all that stuff by me if you think it would help.

Thanks. I probably will, if you don't mind.

I don't mind at all, farmboy. In fact, I'd like to be involved in all your summer plans, your music career plans. I want to see you succeed.

I'm glad. Maybe I'll meet up with you tomorrow about this stuff. You up to it, man?

I would like nothing better, farmboy.

You're such a cool guy, man. See you then.



No comments:

Post a Comment