Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Yikes!


So I've been rewriting and working on these two new songs. This afternoon I start babysitting my niece, which I'll be doing two days a week. And then, my friend, I go through this race relations training for work tomorrow and the day after. And then I play a private party gig tomorrow night and babysit the day after that.

You have a training that day?

Yeah.

Sounds like you're busy, farmboy.

Yikes! (laughs) Oh, but it's okay. I've been through this training before and it's actually pretty fuckin' fascinating. Babysitting should be fairly painless, and the hardest part about the gig is that it's a 45-minute drive away.

So it's all good, you know. And you know why?

I'll bite. Why, farmboy?

Because for the past three days I've done nothing. All I've done is rest, really: gotten high, slept, played guitar, exercised, eaten fuckin' fruits and vegetables. So I'm ready for getting out there a little bit.

And today is the first day of summer!

In more ways than one, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment