Sunday, June 12, 2011

My fuckin' addictions


Here it is, Sunday night. Tomorrow's the beginning of the final week of school -- of work -- and it's going to be a challenging week. I gotta not think about it. I gotta get my mind on music. Plus, you know, I'm so fuckin' nervous. I got my mind on my money and my money on my mind.

I know that. Don't tell me. It's...

Snoop Dogg, but I know it from the Gourds, a great band from the Austin area.

So I gotta think about the summer and what habits I want to get into and the habits I need to lessen or get away from. My fuckin' addictions.

Like what?

Well, really, like the habits I want to have all year 'round. I'm thinking dietary, exercise...I need to further those things. I can't isolate myself as much any more. I need to stay right here, in the present tense, you know.

And I really gotta cut down on the weed, man. I fuckin' love it but there's no way I can afford, in any way, to be waking up every morning and smoking. Plus, really, it can be a substitute for real life, and that's certainly fucked up.

Sounds like it's time to make some changes, farmboy.

Yeah, but, fuck, I gotta do more than just cut out things. I gotta have some stuff to replace the stuff that I won't be doing. Does that even make sense, man?

It does. It looks like you might have some thinking to do, thinking that could be fun and have possibilities.

I love possibilities.

I know you do. You're excellent at them when you let yourself be, farmboy.

I can be, yeah.

Fuck, man, I want possibilities. Bring 'em fuckin' on.



No comments:

Post a Comment