Thursday, June 2, 2011

Real life; i.e., music


So I'm taking tomorrow off because, well, I can. I'm taking all the time I can, man. Plus, I'm performing tomorrow night, so I can plan what I'm gonna do. It's a writers-in-the-round down at the coffeehouse, so I'm really looking forward to it. I love playing those things.

Sounds good. I'm glad you're taking a day off, farmboy.

Oh, man, I'm happy about it. And there ain't been much lately that makes me happy.

You know, it's like yesterday. I couldn't fuckin' stop thinking about the situation at work. Fuck, man, I got to leave it alone. I need to fuckin' move on, I do, because every minute I give to that shit takes away from real life; i.e., music.

i.e.?

I like speaking in print terms. I don't know why.

So how can you stop thinking about work?

I don't know. Play guitar. Maybe try to write a song.

I do have a bottle of Irish whiskey. I could drink some of that. Maybe get a little more relaxed. Don't worry, I'm not gonna get sloppy drunk. I don't know, really, if I can physically handle that.

You don't like the taste of alcohol. Remember?

Yeah, that's another thing. (sarcastically) Thanks for reminding me, pal.

Anytime.

That's what I'm afraid of.

You still have your sense of humor, farmboy. That's something that I'm glad to see.

Fuck, man, I don't know any other way. Ain't that how everybody gets through?



No comments:

Post a Comment