Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Who I really am


So I'm taking tomorrow off to use up my last personal leave day. So I get to stay up late. How ya doin', man?

You're stoned, farmboy.

Fuck. Is it that apparent?

Oh, I'm not saying anything against it. I just thought I'd acknowledge it. How does it feel?

Feels okay, feels good. Makes me wish I had, like, a chocolate donut or something. But I don't. I have diet Pepsi, though. Nothing like chemicals, right?

I'm beginning to fade, which is really frustrating to me because it's only 10 p.m.

Which is about the time that you get ready to go to bed...

Yeah, but I have tomorrow off. It's my time to...I don't know, party or something.

What are you going to do tomorrow, farmboy?

I'm hoping to do something musical, you know? At least do some planning and figuring-out for a performance I'm doing Friday night. I've been way too concerned about my fuckin' job and all the shit that's gone down. I need to get back to who I really am. And that's a musical person. A person who lives his life in music.

I am blessed.

It's good that you know that.

Yeah. I'm glad I do. You can't take nothin' in this God-almighty world for granted, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment