Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The oldest man on earth, take two


there is no one who remembers me
when I was a child
I might as well have
been raised up in the wild
I grew up here
and it's here I will rest
when death comes to grant
my final request
soon is the end
of my circle of birth
I am the oldest man on earth

I have no sister
no brother
no mother or dad
I've lost everyone
that I've ever had
I had my fair share of love
struggle and pain
now fading memories
are all that remain
still I keep breathing
for all that it's worth
I am the oldest man on earth

the man in the moon
ain't got nothing on me
as he shines on the sailors
lost on the sea
well, shiver me timbers
a pirate's life for me
as I sail into the sunset

who'll be my witness
what is my crime
whatever the season
no reason
no rhyme
I dream of the river
that led me to you
the only true lover
that I ever knew
soon is the end
I ask:
blessing or curse?
I am the oldest man on earth
I am the oldest man on earth



No comments:

Post a Comment