Friday, January 25, 2013

January. It's fucked.


You know what I think is totally fuckin' useless? January. What a fucked month. My younger brother was born in January and that's the only good thing about January. The weather is always fuckin' gray and wet and cold and miserable and the month goes on waaaay too long.

What about Martin Luther King Day, farmboy?

Okay, man, you got me there. That's a good holiday. That's an important holiday. I like it because it gives teachers the chance to have the students explore the civil rights movement and their racist parents can't do a fuckin' thing about it. Plus he was a leader in civil rights and he believed in non-violence. Now there's a hero who deserves a holiday.

But the rest of January...man, it's just so fuckin' long! I mean, it never fuckin' ends, you know. It just creeps on by.

Another thing is that the school system pays us monthly, on the last day of school. Which means I get paid in the middle of December and then I don't get paid again till the end of January. It's fucked.

All right farmboy, I understand. What good is happening in your life?

Hey! I'm not through complaining, man! I have a right to whine!

Yes you do, farmboy. But you also have the right to feel good sometimes.

I know, man. Sometimes I just need to vent. Sorry, man.

(farmboy sits silently for a few seconds)

But January, man. January is so fucked.


No comments:

Post a Comment