Friday, January 4, 2013

No. Unfortunately.


So, man, I got a chance to work on weekends.

Is it music related, farmboy?

No. Unfortunately.

Is it something you want to do?

No. Unfortunately.

So why are you considering doing it?

Because I'm in desperate need of money all the fuckin' time, man.

Could you do something else that has to do with music?

I can do lots of things. I can play for kids, I can play for old people. I can play at churches, at libraries, at schools. And I can even play all these songs I've written. I know how to perform. I can play instrumentally at coffeehouses, bars, art exhibits. I've played at festivals, I've played concerts. I've taught songwriting and played at hospitals. I've taught music to little kids. I'm going to teaching guitar soon.

But I'm always such a fuckin' failure...

Stop there, farmboy. Don't even start.

What am I gonna do, man?

You've got some thinking to do, I suppose.

I suppose I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment