Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Montreal, huh?


Man, I tell you, it is so cold. This morning it was, like, fuckin' 22 degrees or something. 

So it is literally freezing.

You got it. There's this prediction now of freezing rain but I'll believe it when I see it. Or rather, when I feel it. Maybe it'll snow and the powers that be will call off school, but I doubt we'll be that lucky.

Are you staying warm, man?

I've got a fire in the fireplace and some hot cocoa, farmboy. It's cozy and I've got nowhere to be but here. How about you?

I've got the heater on right now and it's warming up. I've been lying in bed under covers so I can conserve heat, but that's not working so great. It's just too fuckin' cold.

Well, look at it this way, farmboy. You could be in Montreal where the wind chill factor has been 45 below zero.

Wow! I can't even imagine what that feels like. Montreal, huh? I've been to Montreal. Stayed at the youth hostel there, in fact. It's a beautiful city. But that's way too cold for this farmboy, I tell you.

But right now I'm thinking about one thing...

What's that?

Now I want hot cocoa.


No comments:

Post a Comment