Saturday, January 12, 2013

Not on purpose


How you doin', man?

farmboy! How are you doing? Are you okay?

Yeah, I'm okay. A little shaky, maybe. I've been sleeping a lot. I cut my finger yesterday, so I can't really play guitar, which is a fuckin' drag, since that's my way of fighting back against the evil in my life, y'know? But I'm okay. You?

I'm good. I'm glad you called. You're not hurting yourself, are you?

Not on purpose. (laughs)  I've got a finger and a thumb that can hurt like fuckin' hell if I don't watch it, but they're wrapped in band-aids. My pre-ulcer condition thingy is acting up, which it's been doing a lot lately on account of all the stress. It's fuckin' cold outside. man, like in the 20s, but I'm inside using up heat that I can't afford, but I'll worry about that next month with the bills come in. But I'm okay.

Listen, man, thanks for all your help and thanks for listening. It's good to have somebody I can actually talk to. You're, like, the only one, man. Not that nobody else cares. I just don't want to spread my poison around.

You can talk to people, you know. There are people who love you and care about you, farmboy.

I know. I almost called the coffeehouse to talk to somebody, but...I don't know,, man, I just don't want too subject them to me when I'm like this. It's hard. I've been isolating myself a lot. I don't know what I can do about it. I have to watch these phone minutes, though. The phone I normally use is broken, so it's like I'm on this little island all by myself. Except for you, thankfully. 

Listen, man, I just wanted to check in. I'm okay. The magic elves with money and marijuana haven't shown up at my door, but I'm okay. (laughs)

Call if you need me, farmboy. Any time, day or night.

Thanks, man. I'm gonna go eat some leftover lentil soup. Want some?

I'm all right, but thank you.

No, man. Thank you. Thanks for being my friend, man. I need friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment