Friday, February 12, 2010

Breathing and quiet and wind


Hey, if you're an interviewer and stuff, how come you never ask me any of those interview-like questions?

What do you mean?

You know, like what's my favorite color and what kind of tree would you be if you were a tree. Things like that.

Okay, then. What's your favorite color?

I like blue, like the ocean, and forest green, and brown. And I like gray.

Your favorite TV show?

The Sopranos and Northern Exposure.

Favorite food?

Avocados. Salsa verde. Dark chocolate, Pizza and lasagne and burritos and tamales. Fried chicken. I like fair food, you know, stuff at county fairs. Corn dogs, curly fries...man, carbs from processed stuff fried in hot saturated-fat oil. Yum.

Time of day?

Night.

Animal?

Dogs. I like dogs. Especially big furry dogs with kind eyes that let you sit by them and pet them and you can tell they really like being with you. Man, I could be happy forever with the right dog. It's amazing how much I like dogs. I love, like, I had this dog growing up, and we would just lie there, side by side, on the tall grass together, and look at the clouds and I'd play the harmonica. And those were sweet days. In a way, I wish I didn't have to get older.

How so?

Because I love life and I don't ever want to die. I think about that all the time. I really love the feeling of being alive. Even though I'm fuckin' depressed and shit, fuck, I love breathing and quiet and wind.

That's the most positive thing I've ever heard you say.

Fuckin' true, I'll tell you that.

Hey, farmboy?

Yeah?

If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?

A Christmas tree. Man, I'd be lit up all the time.






No comments:

Post a Comment