Thursday, February 25, 2010

Frogs that sing in choirs


Man, I am so tired.

So go to sleep.

What? It's only, like, 7:45. I still got things to do, weed to smoke. guitar to play, diet Pepsi to drink, supper to eat, internet to surf. I can't go to sleep.

But I'm so tired. It came on all of a sudden. I'm thinkin', maybe I should get, like, some podcast to listen to, put it on the ipod and lay down and listen to it. I'll probably fall asleep. Or at least I've gotten to listen to something.

You know what I heard today? A gigantic mess of frogs. I mean, I can't imagine how many frogs there were. It was fuckin' amazing, man, it was like a chorus. I mean, there were background voices and lead singers and...I love that kind of stuff. I love the sound of nature. You know, crickets and birds and frogs and the waves on the ocean. You know, I grew up by the ocean...

I didn't know that.

Yeah, just a few blocks away. And I miss the ocean. I miss the sounds and the salty smell and the basso supremo of the fog horn. I love to look right down on the water, man, that's the most beautiful color of blue ever. You can fall asleep listening to that stuff.

Basso supremo?

Oh, that's just a term I made up to sound smarter that what I really am.

So are you going to go to bed now?

Well...I'm hungry. I have leftover chicken and I'm thinking about making a quesadilla. I also have leftover brown rice, but I'm too damn lazy to make fried rice.

Maybe you should try to go to bed a little early tonight, farmboy.

Maybe so. Maybe I'll lie in bed and think of the ocean. I'd like to dream of the ocean but I don't have as many geographic dreams as I should have, I used to have these amazing geographic dreams. I also used to have amazing swimming dreams. One dream I had, I swam around the continent of Africa.

Wow. That is pretty cool.

Maybe I should think of that stuff more often. You know, oceans and mountains and stars and...frogs that sing in choirs. And traveling. Maybe I miss traveling. But I've gotten so fuckin' afraid of it, you know? Afraid to step outside my door for fear that disaster will strike and horrible things will happen...and then, you know, you never leave your apartment. It's not really living a life after a while.

I'd kinda like to talk to you about that some time. But not tonight, man, because I'm tired and this fear thing is really important. I'd kinda like to have my wits about me if we talk about that.

Whenever you're ready.

Thanks. Hey, thanks for the company, man. I'm off to quesadilla land.

Get sleep, farmboy. Go to bed early. Lie in bed and listen to the sounds around you.

The cars going by? That's about it here. I'm not in a real good location for nighttime nature sounds. But there'll be birds in the morning. Spring is almost here.

I want to be outdoors, man. I miss being outdoors.

That will happen. Remember, spring is coming.

Yeah.

For the hundredth time, get some rest. Get some sleep. Okay farmboy?

Okay.

Enjoy the quesadilla.


No comments:

Post a Comment