Thursday, February 18, 2010

Reefer and the guitar


Nice day today.

Oh, man, it was fuckin' beautiful, you know, blue skies, around 60 degrees.

What have you been doing?

Goin' to work, comin' home, smokin' reefer, playin' guitar, sleepin'. Same ol' same ol' but some of it's good. The reefer and the guitar, man.

Playing a gig tomorrow, a songwriter thing with some friends of mine. I hope to make some money, but really, anything over $20 is gravy.

$20? Don't sell yourself short, farmboy.

Man, nobody can afford nothin' these days, myself included, This ain't no criticism -- times are fuckin' hard. Fuckwad Bush left a big gigantic mess, and if Obama ends up being like all the other politicians, he's going to break my heart. Fuck, man, this is not what this country's supposed to be about. The working classes and the lower classes keep going down, down, down.

And what do I have left, financially speaking? I really don't ask for much -- although I do suspect that I ask for too much -- but I keep thinking aren't I supposed to be going the other direction?

And so, what do you have left?

Reefer and the guitar, man. And I feel blessed to have that. Seriously, dude.




No comments:

Post a Comment