Monday, February 22, 2010

You in this with me?


Man, there's so much I want to do.

Like what?

I want to make some money with music -- my goal is 300 bucks a month. I want to get in shape, physically. And mental and spiritually and musically, too, now that I'm talking about it. And I want to write songs and put out a new CD. Oh, and I want to go to Austin, TX and to California and play some places and, basically, tour, I guess.

Good.

It's a lot of work.

Yeah, but you know that going in. And even though this sounds like a lot, it's not impossible. You got songs, you've got talent...

I've got rhythm. Who could ask for anything more? Gershwin.

What I'm saying, farmboy, is that a CD isn't that far out of reach. As far as getting in shape, even in all those ways you mentioned, is a daily process and there are elements you already have in place. What I'm saying, is all that stuff you can do. It's all possible.

I'm really glad you think so, 'cause I'm gonna need you to help me with confidence, with helping me to...it's so fuckin' cliched, but I need to believe in myself more, you know. I've got to gain some thicker skin without sacrificing the... sensitivity, I guess, that I need to write songs. And I need to learn how to sacrifice, in general, some free time and probably some weed smoking to accomplish what I want to accomplish. 'Cause you're right: It is possible. It's gonna take, like, a million tiny good choices.

Oh, at least a million...

You in this with me?

Try to keep me out. Hey...

Yeah?

I'm proud of you.

Let's wait to see what I can do first.

No!

No?

I want to be proud of you now.

I don't know if I can handle that.

Tough. I'm fuckin' proud of you, farmboy.

(cowers in fear) C'mon, don't say that stuff.

Why not?

Oh man, just don't say stuff like that.

I've said it before. And, remember, your father said it. Just before he died.

Look, just try it on for size. Here goes: I'm proud of you.

Really?

Jesus. Just say "Thank you."

Thank you.

You're welcome.

You satisfied now?

And, as you would put it, is my response: Fuck off.

(laughs) Oh, man. The old interview guy is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment