Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Good to be happy


Good to see you. I expected to see you yesterday,

And I fully expected to be here but I was tired. You see, what happened is, I sent an e-mail to the songwriting contest and they wrote me back this super nice e-mail saying I could do the contest.

That's awesome! Did you enter?

Yeah. It was a lot of work, but I sent it.

Are you glad?

Yeah, I am. Getting in means I would get to see old friends and make new friends. Actually, yesterday was a great day. I was given weed buy a co-worker. It was a good day. Wasn't that a song by Ice Cube or Ice T or somebody like that.

It's good to see you happy.

It's good to be happy.

So, what happens now?

I got three months before the winners are announced, so that means I can fantasize about things. Man, I would love to get in, and I'm kinda afraid of that...getting hopes up, getting rejected. I can be really bad at being rejected.

I bet.

Hey!

What I mean by that is that you're a sensitive guy. You feel things deeply. That's why you write the songs you write. It just stands to reason that when you get disappointed you get...

Devastated. Yeah, I know, it's true. So entering can be an actual risk. You hope it's worth it.

I hope it's worth it to you.

Thanks. I hope so too.

No comments:

Post a Comment