Sunday, February 7, 2010

I been beat up


Hey.

Hey.

Look, I...

Hey...

I need to talk. Listen. I'm sorry. i made a mistake. I shouldn't have tricked you and I shouldn't have pressured you about stuff you were uncomfortable talking about. I really regret what I did and I'm sorry.

(silence)

How are you? Are you okay?

(pause) I...I'm okay. (pause) I feel like I been beat up. I'm exhausted. (pause) Uh, thanks. Thanks for talking first, 'cause I didn't know what to say. I been thinking about all kinds of things...

I bet you have.

I'd feel pissed at you then I'd get pissed at me 'cause I'd feel guilty and feel like I caused it all. And then I think about how I fucked up this...friendship or whatever the fuck this is. I mean, this interview. And then I get thinking about how alone I really am, and how I hardly see my friends and I want to be alone all the time and that was okay but then you started asking me all these questions...

And nobody ever asks you...

Nobody ever asks me nothin'. Then you come along and you pretend to be interested...

I am interested!

...and I got everything bottled up and it's just such a relief to...be talkin' with another human being. So I start opening up (starts to cry a little)...and...fuck, man, I fuck up a fuckin' interview. Man. I am just pathetic...

You didn't fuck up anything. And you're not pathetic. You're a human being, you cry, you feel things. I'm a human being, too. And human beings make mistakes, which is what I did.

Can we still be friends, or whatever the hell we are?

Of course. Look, I want you to trust me. I'm afraid of losing your trust.

I don't trust anybody.

I know. But you really can trust me.

Oh, man, I am so fucked up. What am I gonna do?

You're doing it. You don't know it yet, but you're working hard at it all the time, every day.

(silence)

Fuck, man. Farmboy, you are a lot smarter and stronger than you know. I'm glad I know you.

Friends?

Friends.

(pause)

Good.


No comments:

Post a Comment