Saturday, February 27, 2010

I ate this brownie...


So what's today's news?

Well, today's news out there is this big ol' world was that an 8.8 Richtor scale earthquake happened in Chile. I feel like any of my little first world problems really pales next to that. I mean, that is so fuckin' scary. Look at Haiti. Man, it's always "there but for the grace of God go I." And nowhere is immune from this natural disaster stuff.

So, like, my heart goes out and my prayers go out and I hope for God's grace to be with them.

I've hardly ever heard you talk about God. You discussed --

Scrupulosity.

Scrupulosity. But this is something else.

Yeah. It's God.

I don't talk about God much, because I have a super personal relationship with God and it's nobody's business. I would rather my songs and my actions...it's hard to put into words, possibly because I have no idea...I ate this brownie...

Oh, I see. You're high and you're drifting from subject to subject.

Yeah. Maybe tonight's not the time to get into this spiritual stuff. But give me some time and I'll talk about God with you, because my faith is a big major part of me. It's, like, super important. I just need a little more time to...oh man, to trust you. I'm sorry. It's not you. It just takes me a really long time to trust somebody enough to talk about spirituality. To talk about faith.

Maybe this is close to it: I would like too see my faith represented by my songs and my actions. Or, sometimes, lack of actions, you know? Like not being critical. Like not saying that snarky remark you were going to say about somebody. There's a lot of power in being silent.

That's pretty wise.

I should talk about that at some time too. But that brownie makes tonight a good time for silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment