Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Flask at a campfire


I really enjoyed asking those really mainstream and cliched interview questions the other day, so I started a list. May I?

No.

No?

I'm messin' with you. Go ahead.

What's your favorite book?

"The World According to Garp" by John Irving. It made sense to me. It helped me to see that my life, at least, has this...strange and weird and, hopefully, compassionate logic. I identify a lot with T.S. Garp. Plus, it's a really funny book, it's hilarious.

I was expecting you to say "Catcher in the Rye."

I love "Catcher in the Rye." I was real sad when J.D. Salinger passed on.

I remember you talking about that.

"Garp" opened up a world to me. But, really, so did "Catcher in the Rye." And other books, too. But today, today belongs to Garp. And John Irving.

Favorite beverage?

(laughs) Man, these really are trivial questions, ain't they? I love really good coffee. I love water. And caffeine-free diet Pepsi.

See, I would have placed you for a beer guy, farmboy.

I'm not real good with alcohol. I wish I was. But I hate the taste of it, and I don't recover well from a night of getting drunk. I love the feeling of being drunk, but it's just not worth it. I haven't been drunk in years. (laughs) I'm a fuckin' pothead instead.

A stoner.

Yeah. Numbs the pain. It's a cliche, I know, and I hate being a cliche, but marijuana helps to numb the pain.

The pain of...

You name it, pal. 'Course, it's also a pretty entertaining little herb. And I love music with it.

But I'd love to pull out a flask at a campfire and take a few sips. It looks classy. But it would be so fake, you know. I don't know, maybe I should try it.

I love campfires. I can stare into them for hours and hours and play guitar.

Especially when you're stoned.

You got that right.

No comments:

Post a Comment