Sunday, May 9, 2010

Blood and love


Are you still sick, farmboy?

Uh huh.

Going to work tomorrow?

I'm planning to, but if I feel as lousy as I do now, I won't. I hate doing that only because I don't have many sick days left. But if I have to call in, I'll call in.

Today was Mother's Day.

Yeah, I played music for my Mom, stuff she liked me to play when she was alive. The Carter Family's "Wildwood Flower" and Joni Mitchell's "Both Sides Now." I also played Dolly Parton's "Coat of Many Colors" and the Louvin Brothers' "If I Could Only Win Your Love," Which I know from Emmylou Harris. I fuckin' love Emmylou Harris.

My mother liked happy songs in major keys. She liked to sing and she liked music. My Dad did too.

It's in the blood.

It's one of the things I have to carry on with. Blood and love.

Can we talk about something else? I really don't want to be emotional.

Whatever you want, farmboy.

Thanks.

Looking forward to summer?

You know, if I can pull off this financial stuff, I'm looking real forward to summer. Work is over in a little more than a month.

You know, I'm gonna start getting ready to go to bed, to see if I'm gonna call in sick tomorrow.

Well, always good to talk with you.

Same here.


No comments:

Post a Comment