Friday, May 14, 2010

This stayin' awake business


Hey.

Hey yourself. Busy day?

Yep. Went to work and screwed up my throat singing with the kids...

The kids?

The students. Anyway, I came home and googled "sore throat remedies" and found this great website of home remedies, you know, the stuff your mom and dad did when you got sick. One of the remedies was gargling with salt water. Which my mom had us do, And it really brought some relief. It felt much better after that.

I bookmarked the website, of course.

How was work?

Good. It was good to see my coworkers and the students.

How was the performance?

It went really well. I was pleased, for the most part.

Are you tired?

Yeah. I'm hungry, too, I hadn't really thought about it, but I am tired. I'm not long for this stayin' awake business.

You gotta rest, farmboy. Take good care of yourself.

Meaning?

Go to bed, farmboy.

I'm going to. Gonna eat something first, then I'll do internet things, then go to bed and go to sleep.

Then tomorrow?

Tomorrow I listen to the CD I bought today, "High Violet" by the National. $7.99 at Best Buy. I haven't bought a CD for a long time.

But, tonight, tonight I sleep. Like the innocent and lovable farmboy I once was a long, long time ago.

But until then...

I deal with staying awake, which is a good thing. I want to relax, then sleep. Calm. I want to be calm.

Calm is good.

In the right place. When it's good, it's great, and absolutely necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment