Saturday, May 15, 2010

Jumping off here


Man, I should make a CD, just here at home on garage band, just solo. I mean, I don't have to put it out if I don't want to, you know? I need to get over my fear of doing computer stuff. I don't have to put it out or sell it or anything. Nobody ever has to hear it. I think that if...

Oh, stop. Just record it.

Just record it?

Yeah. You have garage band on your mac. It's not going to cost you anything to record it.

Okay...

Maybe just try to record a song a day or something, you know, three or four times a week. Not even keepers, necessarily; you should just keep recording no matter how bad you think it sounds. Quantity is quality, in this case.

I'll think about...maybe...you know, I'll just do it. Let's see where this goes.

Just do it for a while. And you'll figure out what suits you best. Just do it pretty consistently, but...well, I'm a little concerned about how perfectionistic you get, your obsessive/compulsiveness...

Oh, great. Now I feel really fuckin' good about myself.

I want you to be...farmboy, I'm going to sound like a guidance counselor or something, but I want you to have a positive experience.

Okay. I really do know what you mean. You want me to enjoy recording.

Yes.

I will do this. I'll probably need your help and feedback, Just warning you.

Sure thing.

Let's just see?

Yeah, farmboy. Let's just see.

I'm jumping off here, you know.

I know.

You gonna catch me when I fall?

You're not going to fall. But I'll be here anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment