Saturday, May 8, 2010

Pobrecito


So is this some new time schedule you have going on? I may have to adjust my sleeping habits. 4:20 in the morning, after midnight...

It's just how stuff is working out this week. Strange week.

How are you feeling?

I'm sick, man, I ain't doing so well. But I'm not, like, dyin' or nothing. I'll be okay. I just hope it's sooner rather than later, you know?

Pobrecito.

Pobrocito? Where did you get that from?

The Urban Dictionary. It means "poor little buddy."

"Poor little buddy?" What am I? Gilligan? Are you the skipper?

It's a term of compassion.

I've heard it all my life. That's what my Mom would say when we got sick or hurt: "Pobrecito." Me, I probably generally use it sarcastically: "Ay, pobrecito." Like, "poor baby!"

I meant it compassionately...

And I take it as such. (Pauses) It's kinda nice to hear. It's like you're watching out for me.

I try.

And I truly appreciate it. I still wish you'd tell me more about you.

Maybe someday I will. For for now, let me focus on you.

Are you, like, the reincarnation of my Dad or something?

No, farmboy, I'm not that. I'm sorry.

Man, I'm really glad you're here. This world can be such a fuckin' cruel and lonely place. Really, it's fuckin' hard. I mean, you know, you're one of those human being types. You gotta admit that.

Guilty.

It's kinda cool when I hear you say words like mijo and pobrecito. It's comforting. Thank you.

De nada.

Okay. You can stop now. Seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment