Sunday, May 23, 2010

You're depressed, pal


So, a couple things...

What, no "hi, how you doing" or "good to see you" or anything?

Hi. How you doing? Good to see you.

(laughs) Smart ass.

Yep, that's me.

So, where'd you go tonight? I was very surprised to see you going out on a Sunday night.

Went to my monthly songwriter meeting.

How was it?

Good. I was glad to see me going out too.

I'm a little concerned. I know somebody who is in a kind of a problem...actually, a very serious problem. He had an aneurysm after he quit taking his meds and started drinking again because he was so depressed. They say he was isolating himself on top of the drinking, and, I'm thinking, maybe I'm fuckin' depressed without even fuckin' knowing it.

Uh, farmboy...I hate to break this to you...

What?

You're depressed, pal.

Oh.

That's one of the reasons why I'm here, to help you figure out your depression and unhappiness.

But, really, I'm thankful for my life.

You can be thankful and be depressed. It's not just one or the other.

Oh.

You know this stuff, farmboy. You know how miserable and unhappy you've been. I'm glad to see you recognize it, though. I'm glad to see that you're concerned. But mostly...

Yeah?

I'm glad to see you going out and living your life.

Yeah. Me too.

You're a good guy, farmboy.

I'm glad you believe that. There's a lot of times where I don't.

That's why I'm here, farmboy. To believe in you when it's hard for you to believe in yourself.

You got a lot of work to do, man.

I can do it. You're worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment