Thursday, May 6, 2010

It ain't gonna fuckin' last forever, you know?


You all right?

I'm, I'm...stoned and I'm sick, like allergies or bronchitis or something. But I feel all right. I made this kinda chili stew with turkey and lots of vegetables and curry and cayenne pepper.

You like that cayenne pepper, huh?

Man! I put some into the stew and then I rubbed my eye and, fuck, it hurt like fuckin' hell! Shit! I flushed my eye -- it was only one -- with water and I would try to open it but it wanted to remain shut. Which, you know, was what it needed more, I guess, so I wouldn't force it to stay open long. I mean, like a fraction of a second. I also knew I wanted to have both eyes.

Cayenne pepper, man, it's a hot one, and I always use too much, even though I really try not to.

This is so fuckin' fascinating that I can't fuckin' stand it.

You should have your own cooking show.

Yeah. I'd be great. I get progressively more healthy and more ethnic as I go along. Why am I talking about this shit?

This is what you talk about when your life evens out. Everyday living.

Everything I've always fought against to some degree.

It's there, though. Life. Sleeping, cooking, cleaning, paying bills, walking...

Fucking. Shitting. (laughs) Whining.

Singing, playing, writing...

Ah, there's the glory.

Living.

Living.

So how do you like this little moment of peace, farmboy?

I need to slow down and fuckin' treasure it. 'Cause it ain't gonna fuckin' last forever, you know? So I gotta breathe it in...

Hold it for a little while...

Then exhale.

Then do it again.

Fuckin' A, man. Do it again...

Over and over...

And over again...


No comments:

Post a Comment