Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Summer will come soon enough


Okay, here I am. Checking in. I'm doing all right.

Good. What are you doing?

Listening to Neil Young through headphones. I woke up from a nap a while back and I'm still groggy. I was really tired.

You've been tired quite a bit lately, farmboy.

I've been sick, remember?

Oh. That's right.

I'm also at the point where I'm just ready for summer. I'm tired of the rain and I'm tired of the gray and I want to be able to sleep with the window open and the fan on, you know? But I need to be patient, because I've got about three weeks left. But it ain't ending soon enough for me.

Summer will come soon enough.

I love summer, if I can do it right, which means not being obsessively concerned about money every minute of the day. It's by far the best thing about working in a public school, getting the summer off.

Hey, by the way, our hours are not being cut at work,

Really? That's great, farmboy.

Fuckin' right it's great. It's fuckin' awesome.

But I still can't wait for summer to be here.

Patience, farmboy. It'll be here soon.

Not soon enough for me.

I know you're anxious, but just relax a little.

Oh, it'll be better this weekend, 'cause it's a three day weekend. Plus, this is my first full week after taking those days off because of illness and babysitting my niece.

But, yeah, it'll come. Summer is a-comin', man.


No comments:

Post a Comment