Monday, July 25, 2016

How I spent spring break 11: Trauma


Here's another word: trauma.

Trauma was the word I would hear from medical professionals. I heard it from the psychologist who combined it with a phrase similar to "and some PTSD." I heard it from the male nurse who explained to me that trauma was the reason why my penis shrunk and tried to hide away. 

Trauma, man. Fuckin' trauma.

From what I gather from the internet, trauma is what occurs when something really bad happens to you. Psychological trauma is the damage to the psyche as the result of a severely distressing event. Major trauma is injury or damage to a biological organism caused by physical harm from an external source.

Anyway, that's what I've had and. I guess, still have. Trauma. I'm trying to understand this whole series of experiences from the past -- what is it now? Six months? -- and what good can come out of it.

And good will come out of it. I'm making sure of that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment