Sunday, July 3, 2016

Isolation, man, it's a fuckin' killer


So I've been so lonely, so fuckin' isolated. So I decided that since I'm housesitting I might as well have some friends over and have, like, a kind of get-together. And that's just what finished up. It's too bad you couldn't make it, man.

I know! Thanks for the invitation, though. Hopefully next time. How did it go, farmboy?

It went fine, despite me worrying about everything. It was, like, a make-your-own burrito night. Chips and salsa and beans and chicken and beef and tortillas.

Sounds good.

Thanks. It was pretty good and it was great seeing people. Isolation, man, it's a fuckin' killer. And when you can't leave the house and you're all by yourself...well, it's just fucked.

But you did something about it, farmboy.

Yeah, I did. And I'm pretty proud of myself.

You are? That's great!

Okay, maybe not that proud.

Farmboy, you need to learn how to give yourself a little credit. You're always doing this. Something good happens and you just take it away.

Yeah, I know. I'm sorry. It's just what I do.

You know, I played a song today and my friends said wonderful things. And I just went passed all that stuff until this one friend, Matt, said something like "Did you hear all the praise about your song? I just want to make sure you heard all that stuff."

Perfect. Matt sounds like a good guy.

Oh, he is, he's the best. And it was totally true. I just cruised right over all the positive feedback like it never happened. He wanted me to actually hear it.

And so I did.

Good.

Yeah, it is good. It's just a little hard when you're not used to doing it, you know? But I can learn. I really can.


No comments:

Post a Comment